The deluxe edition of the ShadowSea rulebook is in full color, with new artwork and new sections, including an example battle with maps showing how movement and combat is resolved, and a step-by-step painting guide for the Leviathan miniature.
Those who have already purchased the original rules can get the deluxe edition for $9.99 USD by contacting AntiMatter Games.
ShadowSea is a game of fast-paced miniatures combat using 28mm scale figures, powered by the renowned Song of Blades ruleset from Ganesha Games. The ShadowSea deluxe edition is packed with 121 pages of action and adventure in a lost underground realm. Six unique forces search for ancient artifacts and golden treasures through crumbling ruins, trap-filled catacombs and underwater citadels.
ShadowSea has many features that make it a flexible gaming system that is perfect for beginners but deep enough for experienced gamers.
1. SIMPLE RULES that can be learned in one game, using 6-sided dice for rolls for combat, physical activities, spellcasting, using ancient technology or any other action during the game.
2. FAST GAMES, lasting 30-45 minutes, with game models on each side alternating their turns of activation so that all players can stay in the flow of the game.
3. SMALL WARBANDS of 6-12 models, so that anyone can have a warband destined for glory without spending a fortune.
4. EASY MOVEMENT rules based on three measurement sticks.
5. TABLETOP PLAY allows players to build a map on any 1 meter-square surface without the need for a grid. Just add scenery and start the game.
6. NO BOOKKEEPING! The models in a warband are represented by a basic block of two statistics and a few special abilities.
7. CAMPAIGN PROGRESSION allows a warband to increase in power as it wins battles along an epic campaign across environments spanning fungal forests, ruined cities, underground temples, and shadowy underwater citadels.
8. MAGIC AND TECHNOLOGY interweave in the Underlands. Warbands may battle using arcane magical spells or ancient technological weapons in the mysterious underground realm.
9. ACTION BASED GAMEPLAY means that models have many choices of actions besides simply whacking each other across the skull. Leap chasms, climb pillars, break through walls, set explosives or try something unexpected.
10. SIX COMPLETE FORCES battle in their quest for ancient artifacts. Over 300 heroes, fiends, wild creatures, ethereal demons, ancient mechanical constructs and stygian monsters.