Click to enlarge
DEEPWARS FULL COLOR PDF
DeepWars is a 28mm scale tabletop wargame set in an alternate history of Earth where fortune seekers, scientists and adventurers have discovered a lost land with an underground sea miles beneath the frozen surface of the southernmost continent.
DeepWars is set in the world of our existing game, ShadowSea, but is meant to be a stand-alone product and is focused on adventure and battle scenarios on the bottom of the Sunless Sea. The game will have multiple types of scenarios, including exploration of wrecks on the seafloor, adventures in ancient cities of cyclopean structures, battles among fields of geothermal chimneys, submarine boarding and others. Adventures within flooded tunnels inside wrecked ships or crumbing cities may be played with “tiles” to represent stretches of passage and chambers, while games in open environments are played with scenic terrain pieces on the tabletop. Miniatures will be cast in high-quality resin and while metal. Resin “swim” or “flight” stands with adapters for the different base sizes (30,40,50 mm) are in production to allow models to fight at different depth levels, adding a unique flavor to combat.
- Intense combat in the abyssal depths of the Sea. Breach submarines, uncover undersea temples, and dodge torpedoes while recovering artifacts that hold the secrets of the ethereal void.
- Combination of 28mm scale miniature tabletop wargame with campaign advancement and a role-playing flavor. The game can be played in single sessions of an hour, or as a campaign where warbands salvage ancient technology, design their own new tech items, enhance abilities and generally become powerful lords of the deep.
- Miniature starter sets are available for each of four main forces, Fortune Hunters, Dark Mariners, Ancients of Atalán and the Scaly Horde. Sets include five miniatures with stat cards and a downloadable rule book. Also available are terrain kits, printed game maps and full-color art prints
- The rules are based on the award-winning Song of Blades and Heroes by Ganesha Games but with extensive additional rules, weapons, armor, technology items (akin to magic items) and new combat and movement options. Almost all models are capable of swimming or movement through the water column, which gives the game a distinct three-dimensional feel when flight stands and base adaptors are used. Rules are included for movement across depth “levels”, where hasty changes in depth can cause deadly barotrauma. There are also rules for the effects of variable visibility and light levels and for models that can easily navigate through the darkness using echolocation.
- Extensive list of ether tech weapons and items and multiple magical spell types, including elemental magic that causes hydrothermal eruptions, dimensional magic that allows unsavory spellcasters to call forth beings from the ethereal void, psychic magic to enslave the minds of victims and protection magic to negate the effects of the most vile spells.
- This PDF has 160 pages of intense artwork and full statistics for all four main forces
Ganesha Games Price: USD 14,99