Sellswords and Spellslingers is a solo and cooperative fantasy miniatures game for 1 to 6 players.
Each player creates a party of fantasy adventurers with a point system. Then players choose a scenario and try to complete a mission. Foes and events are moved automatically by a deck of cards. Characters grow with experience, and a list of campaign activities is provided.
The game requires printing a deck of 77 cards.
The game will be supported by frequent releases of scenarios and mini-campaigns.
Cards will be available as print on demand, professionally printed cards on Drivethrucards.com or you can print them yourself from the free download on this site.
Required to play:
Paper and pencil, at least three 20-sided dice, a couple of six-sided dice, 1 to 6 figures per player, plenty of miniatures for opponents (each scenario requires 1-2 boss type monsters and 3-8 minion type monsters per player), a play area (game mat or table) of 36x36", measurer in inches (tape measurer).
The game is non-scale specific: you can play with any scale or brand of miniatures.
Features of the game
- Open source point system to create your heroes the way you want them, including giving them disadvantageous traits
- Cooperative play - all players against the game instead of player vs player
- Solo play - no opponents needed, you can run a party and the event cards will activate the monsters
- Activation system (not IGOUGO) that creates fog of war and uncertainty
- All monsters stats summarized on handy cards
- Campaign activities - Your characters grow and do things other than just fighting monsters
- RPG Lite - with creative players and the right attitude, it is possible to use Sellswords as a rules-light, GM-less rpg
- All the rules use the same mechanism: roll a difficulty number on d20 for an action to succeed, with modifier for your characters' traits
- Only player-characters roll dice. When it's the monster's turn to attack, PCs roll dice to defend